Spicy pumpkin cake roll with a cream cheese filling.
Pumpkin Cake Roll
I don’t know what I was thinking when I went to roll the this pumpkin cake roll. I rolled it in the wrong direction! Instead of rolling from the shortest side I rolled it from the long side, that is not a plan. As you can see it doesn’t create a swirl of pumpkin cake roll and filling. It sure didn’t affect the taste but just in case you were wondering what was I thinking when I did this, apparently I wasn’t.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- 1 1/8 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with parchment paper. Sprinkle a kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour and cinnamon. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Roll up cake and towel together. Cool on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.