Pumpkin pie bottom with a cakey, crunchy toffee top makes this Pumpkin Toffee Dump Cake an easy to make family favorite.
Pumpkin Toffee Dump Cake
I made this recipe the other day and it is amazing! All of the flavor of pumpkin pie but in cake form. My sister in law came right after I made it and she may never make another pumpkin pie she said. It is also going to be on her Thanksgiving table. About the only thing that could make this better is a toffee dessert sauce to serve with it.
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 10 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup lightly packed dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 × 13 baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and spices. Stir to combine. Pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle your entire box of cake mix on top, followed by graham cracker crumbs and toffee chips. Pour your melted butter evenly on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Combine butter, sugar, and cream in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and boil, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and darkens slightly, about 4 minutes.
Perhaps you’d like to try our Caramel Apple Poke Cake
or maybe this recipe for our Pumpkin Cake Roll?