Spice Caramel Apple Poke Cake is topped with chopped apples, whipped cream, butterfingers, candy bars and caramel.
Caramel Apple Poke Cake Recipe
This is amazingly good, all of the flavors of fall wrapped up in one decadent dessert. It is easy to make and didn’t take that long. I used homemade whipping cream for the frosting but you could use cool whip if desired. I used a spice cake mix but yellow or white would work as well, I like the spice cake with the apples especially with the addition of homemade caramel sauce when served. If you have never made your own caramel sauce, this is an easy recipe and you are going to just want to eat it as is with a spoon and you won’t care who is looking. Yep, it is that good! I’m not so sure that wasn’t the reason I decided to make this cake.
Caramel Apple Poke Cake
- 1 boxed spice cake mix made according to package directions
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ⅔ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 mini butterfinger candy bars - coarsely chopped
- Bake cake according to package directions. When finished baking remove pan to a rack to start cooling. After it has cooled 15 minutes take a large wooden spoon and poke holes all over the surface of the cake. (about 20 - 24) Spread condensed milk over the top of cake.
- Coarsely chop up the apple pie filling. Spread over the condensed milk, poking some in the holes if you can. Drizzle the caramel over the top. Let cake cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add the vanilla and confectioners sugar. Whip until soft and creamy and looks like frosting. (Don't beat it too much or you will have sweet butter) Frost the top of the cake. Sprinkle with the chopped butterfinger candy bars. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with additional caramel sauce if desired on top.