Brownie Pecan Pie Ooey Gooey Butter Cake A fudge brownie layer, topped with a pecan pie filling and then a cheesecake layer. Ooey gooey cake at it’s best!
Brownie Pecan Pie Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
I just can’t stop making these cakes and the flavor combinations just get better and better. I know I said last time but this is one is the best one so far! Chocolate and ooey gooey pecans…. that just about covers it! I wish I had thought to weigh this cake before I took pictures because as I was carrying it back into the kitchen I realized that I think this cake must of weighted like 7 lbs! I’m sure it didn’t but this is a lot of cake, trust me. You don’t need a big piece either or for sure you might go into a sugar coma. Regardless, it is so good that you just don’t need to think about it, just grab a fork and dig in.
The brownie layer is so fudgey, then you have a layer of pecans with some of the pie filling mixture and topped with a cheesecake topping.
You can see in the picture above how I did the cheesecake topping. Just evenly dollop the cheesecake layer on top of the pecan pie filling. The pecan filling will bake into the cheesecake and the brownie layer.
Update 12/21/18: Because of the density of these ooey gooey cakes it can sometimes be difficult to tell when they are done. They are done when they reach 210 degrees on a digital thermometer. A tester should pull out clean at this point.
- 1 18.3 oz. fudge brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Pecan Pie Filling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups confectionery sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix until it comes together. If some won't mix in add another tablespoon of water. This batter will be really thick.Spread it out on the bottom of the pan. Pat the dough into place.
- In another mixing bowl add all of the filling ingredients except the pecans. Whisk together until all is blended together. This will take a couple of minutes with a mixer or a whisk. Add the pecans. Stir in. Spread out on top of brownie base, getting the pecans as even as you can.
- Mix together the cheesecake mixture in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined. Drop by large tablespoons over pecan filling like shown in the picture above. Carefully put this in the oven.
- Bake until the center shakes slightly. If you touch down on the cheesecake part it will feel firm. It will just be starting to turn brown. Start checking this at about 50 minutes. Mine took 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Want to see our other Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes?