Broccoli, eggs and cheeses bake up perfectly in this light, delicious broccoli souffle.
I had the best day today. I went out antiquing looking for vintage kitchen accessories. One of the things I was hoping to find was a cupcake pan with a certain kind of lines on top made by Echo and I found one! It sure doesn’t take much these days to excite me but I really was surprised to find it.
I ate a late lunch and by the time I got home I was just too tired to make dinner right away. About 8:00 I was going thru my recipe box and found a broccoli souffle recipe from one of my moms friends that was a weekly recipe at her kitchen store years ago. It sounded perfect for now a late supper, broccoli, eggs, cheeses baked and I served it with a strawberry salad. Yum!
I can also tell you this was a Chloe and Lola approved dinner, they both licked their plates clean. Oh and Lola and Chloe are my dogs so it is perfectly acceptable that they licked their plates.
- 4 eggs
- 12 oz, frozen broccoli - not thawed
- 1 lb. carton small curd cottage cheese
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. In a regular bread type pan like the one in the picture this took 1 hour and 10 minutes to bake. If you want to cook it in 45 minutes or less use a pie pan type pan.
Follow me on Pinterest