Broccoli Rice Casserole
This is an excellent side dish, full of broccoli, mushrooms and rice. It cooks up in about 50 minutes. The rice is not cooked when it goes in so that is why it has a long cooking time. If you have leftover cooked regular rice I would think it would be done in about 30 minutes.
The mushrooms are optional but I ran into a great buy on them and now am putting them in everything this week. I loved them in this dish so if you are a mushroom lover don’t leave them out. I used cream of chicken soup in this but you can use any kind of cream soup you like or make a homemade cream sauce if you don’t like using canned soup.
- 12 oz. frozen broccoli or fresh blanched
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup rice - not instant
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 soup cans of milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- butter for pan
- Combine all of the ingredients in a buttered baking dish. Mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
How about this Broccoli Souffe’?
Or perhaps this Spinach Pie?