Corn “Crack” Dip
You have to try this Corn “Crack” Dip when the sweet corn is just coming to the market in your area. It is so good, I bet you won’t be able to stop eating it. I loved it on the toasted bread but tortilla chips would also work. I might think about adding a 4 oz. can of diced green peppers to it if serving with the tortilla chips. This is sure to be a hit at your next party.
- 8 oz. cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ears of corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups Mexican cheese with cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Cut the corn off of the cob. Add it to the cream cheese mixture with the roasted red pepper and onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the cheese.
- Spray an 8 inch baking dish. Add the cream cheese mixture to the dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and the cheese on top is starting to brown.
- Serve with toasted french bread or tortilla chips.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?