When you make them out of zucchini and panko there is no reason to not have fries. They are crunchy and are a perfect accompaniment to that hamburger you know you want to have tonight!
This is the fries in the oven, I’m not sure if you can tell but the pan I use has holes in the bottom.
- 4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 3/4 cup(s) dried bread crumbs, panko-variety suggested
- 2 medium zucchini, about 7-inches each, cut into 4 chunks, then each chunk halved
- 2 large egg white(s), whipped until frothy (almost soft peaks)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix together Italian seasoning, flour and salt. Place bread crumbs in another small bowl.
- Dredge a zucchini fry in flour mixture and then dip into egg whites; dredge in bread crumbs. Place coated zucchini on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients; liberally coat with cooking spray.
- Roast, turning once, until desired crispness, about 12 minutes.
- Yields about 8 fries per serving.
- Points per serving
- Recipe from Weight Watchers
- Weight Watchers
Note: I used Kikoman Panko on these and am not sure I really like it as well as some of the others I have tried. It has a heavier texture than the bagged ones I have tried before.