German Chocolate Poke Cake
Love German Chocolate Cake? This is a quick and easy version of one with a creamy chocolate filling. I used a boxed mix, a canned German Chocolate Frosting and chocolate chips with Sweetened Condensed Milk as the poke filling. It was yummy!
Gather together your ingredients and bake cake according to package directions. About 5 minutes after it comes out of the oven use the wrong end of a wooden spoon to make the holes in the cake.
Next you are going to melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
I didn’t melt mine all of the way leaving little bits of chocolate in the bowl. Add a can of sweetened condensed milk and stir to blend. Pour over top of cake. Spread out evenly across the top of the cake.
When cool frost with the German Chocolate Frosting. I added another 1/2 cup of coconut and a little vanilla to the frosting.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips - I used milk chocolate
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can german chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Make cake according to package directions. Bake in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- When cake comes out of oven, poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Pour in the condensed milk. Stir to blend. Pour over cake while warm.
- Stir the coconut and vanilla into the frosting. Frost cake spreading out evenly across the top of cake
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
Chocolate Cake for 2 Make this easy microwave cake when you’re having a late night craving. Keep a can of German Chocolate Frosting in the pantry and have an amazing late night snack.