Kielbasa, Potatoes and Sauerkraut in the Crockpot
This is so easy to put together! You just need a few ingredients, the kielbasa, a can of sauerkraut, potatoes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. I used a little fresh thyme and dill because I had it also. We only had one package of kielbasa but for the amount of sauerkraut and potatoes, I’d use 2 packages and it will easily feed 4.
Once you gather together all of your ingredients, put them in the crockpot. Cook on Low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high. I didn’t drain the sauerkraut although I usually do. My BF’s mom used to make this dish and according to him she didn’t rinse or drain it. If you want the sauerkraut to be a little milder flavor I’d rinse and drain it both. I’d also add a tablespoon of brown sugar over the sauerkraut when I add it the crockpot.
I served this with Green Beans with Orange Sauce and Roasted Almonds.
- 1 - 2 packages kielbasa
- 3 - 4 large potatoes
- 1 large can sauerkraut
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves - thinly sliced
- 4 - 5 sprigs thyme - optional
- 3 sprigs dill - optional
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup water
- Add the can of sauerkraut to the crockpot, I did not drain or rinse.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into several pieces.
- Add the chopped onion.
- Salt and pepper the potatoes,onions and garlic.
- Cut the kielbasa into about 4 inch pieces. Add on top of the veggies.
- Add the herbs if using.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or 8 hours on Low.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?