Sirloin Tip Roast
I made this roast a few weeks ago and then forgot to share it! Sometimes life just gets in the way. I can’t believe I forgot it because it was so delicious and it melted in your mouth. It weighted about 5 lbs. and we ate off it all week. It sure did make the best french dip sandwiches ever! In fact I could make this roast for those alone.
I love cooking on my Kamado Grill. I start it in the morning and by 5 dinner is ready. It couldn’t be easier. I usually cook using the indirect method. The charcoal goes on one side and the meat across from it.
You want to use a wood charcoal in your grill. Yes it is more expensive but it doesn’t contain any of the nasty chemicals in regular briquettes. I get a huge bag for about $15.00 from a big box store and it lasts thru at least about 10 cooking sessions so when you look at it that way it doesn’t seem so bad.
- 1 5 lb. Sirloin Tip Roast
- BBQ Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Season the Sirloin Tip Roast with the BBQ Seasoning. Rub in the salt and pepper.
- Start the grill and get the temperature to 225 degrees. Soak some wood chips for 20 minutes. I used cherry for this roast.
- Place across from the fire on the grill.
- After a couple of hours turn the roast around and over.
- Cook until the roast reaches 130 degrees.
- Wrap the roast in foil and let sit for 30 minutes. The temperature will go up as the roast rests to about 140 - 145.
- Slice thinly to serve.
Want to see some of our other Kamado Grill recipes?