Homemade Chicken Salad wrapped in a basil tomato tortilla with lettuce, sunflower seeds and crumbled blue cheese.
Chicken salad, so perfect for lunch. I made this chicken salad from the leftover chicken I did on the grill the other day. It’s pretty healthy too because I don’t add a lot of mayonnaise to it, if you want to add more go ahead but I prefer to taste all of the tasty ingredients I put in the sandwich instead of mayonnaise. In this wrap I used sunflower seeds and crumbled blue cheese.
One surprise in this might be a few dashes of Tabasco sauce something I learned from a chef I once worked for years ago. If you don’t like blue cheese, feta cheese is good also or put some shredded cheese right into your chicken salad. This is a recipe that you can pick and choose whatever you like best to make your wrap with. Tomatoes would be good in it too, I just didn’t have any today to use.
- 3 cups chicken - chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber - seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- fresh parsley - chopped - optional
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- several dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- sunflower seeds
- blue cheese crumbles - optional
- tortilla wraps - I used tomato basil but any kind will work
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- To make your wrap, place the chicken salad in the center of the wrap leaving several inches on each end for wrapping. I used about a cup of chicken salad per wrap.
- Sprinkle with your add ons, in this case I used lettuce, blue cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Fold the ends in first and then start on one side and roll your wrap. Cut in half or quarters to serve.
- That's My Home
Maybe you’d like to try?