Baked Potato Casserole for 2 is like a baked stuffed potato without the skin.
This recipe can easily be upsized but since I am usually cooking for just me I tend to do things so I don’t have lots of leftovers. Leftovers mean I usually don’t have a new recipe or two for the next day because I hate throwing out food.
Let the potatoes cool a little before trying to peel them. You want the potatoes to not be cooked all the way thru, they will finish cooking when you bake this. If you cook them too much you can end up with a consistency more like mashed potatoes.
- 3 - 4 medium size Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup onion - chopped
- 1 green onion- sliced (optional)
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese plus 2 tablespoons for top
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes without peeling them until almost tender.
- Fry the bacon. Drain the grease from the pan and sauté the regular onions in the pan until translucent.
- When the potatoes are done, peel them if you desire. (I did) Break them up with your hands into big chunks. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the bacon. Stir until mixed together. Dump mixture into a buttered casserole dish. Top with a little more cheese, green onion and the bacon pieces.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges. Serve
- That's My Home
Maybe you’d like to try?