Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake is cake that tastes like a cinnamon roll in coffee cake form.
Cinnamon Roll Swirl Cake
I have been seeing this recipe around all weekend. I decided to see if I could lighten it up, the original recipe called for 1 1/2 cups of butter. As much as I love butter that was just way too much for me. I also decided to lighten up on the sugar using Truvia and Splenda Brown Sugar. This is a delicious moist cake that is perfect for a snack or brunch.
- For the batter
- 3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Truvia
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, soft to the point of almost melted*
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Splenda
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together except for the butter.
- once mixed . Slowly pour in the butter. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- While the cake is warm - drizzle the glaze over the cake.
Maybe you’d like to try our?