The eggplant becomes the noodles in this delicious vegetable lasagna recipe. I used a jarred spaghetti sauce for a shortcut. Enjoy!
I made this the other day and decided to use eggplant slices as my pasta. I loved the way it turned out and will be making it again. Serve it as a main dish with a salad for a completely healthy dinner. I made my own sauce but feel free to use your favorite jarred sauce as a time saver.
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 zucchini – grated
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- Cut eggplant into 1/4’ slices. Salt a little bit and put in a strainer to drain for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Spray a pan with cooking spray and lay eggplant slices on it. Cook for about 15 minutes until tender, flip half way through.
- Mince onion and add to a frying pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Saute several minutes and add garlic and zucchini. Cook for several minutes until tender crisp. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add cottage cheese and parmesan cheese.
- To assemble, place eggplant slices in the bottom of your casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Put a little of the zucchini mixture on top of the eggplant. Top with the sauce and a little of the cheese. Repeat 2 more times.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let set 5 minutes before cutting.
- That's My Home
Maybe you’d like to try our?