Ground turkey meatballs, veggies and rich broth make up this Turkey Meatball Soup
Turkey Meatball Soup Recipe
I made a quick and easy turkey meatball soup for dinner tonight and it is only 4 weight watcher points a serving. I actually did a short cut and used a 12 oz. bag of frozen Mirepox vegetables that you can get at Kroger in place of the carrots, celery and onion.
The meatballs are made of ground turkey, oatmeal, eggbeaters and a spice called Mural of Flavor from Penzey’s. It is one of my go to all purpose seasonings. It has basil, garlic, lemon, shallots and a few other spices. It really is a nice all purpose blend and I use it all of the time. I don’t miss the salt at all.
I met with a trainer today at the Fitness Center and we are good to go. My first session is next Tuesday in the pool. Can’t wait to get going!
- 5 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 1/2 cup(s) celery
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen chopped onions
- 10 oz Turkey, ground, 93% lean/7% fat, raw
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked oatmeal
- 1/4 cup(s) Egg substitute
- salt and pepper
- Mural of Flavor (Penzeys)
- Add broth and vegetables (except peas) to pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add ground turkey, egg substitute, oatmeal and seasoning (salt, pepper and any spices you like) to a bowl. Mix well.
- Drop meatballs into broth and cook another 15 minutes. Add peas during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Mary Ellen