German Tomato Soup is made with ground beef, onions and cabbage in a tomato based broth.
The Villager’s German Tomato Soup
This was one of mom’s favorite soups. Years ago when I sold real estate I listed the house of a woman who cooked at the Villager at the time. She shared the recipe with me. It is easy and pretty quick to make.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
- 1 49 oz. can tomato soup
- 3/4 head cabbage shredded
- 4 T. A1 Steak Sauce
- 3 T. worcestershire sauce
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 1 C. water
- Brown ground chuck and onion, add cabbage and water. Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Add A1, tomato soup and worcestershire sauce.
- Heat through and then add 2. C. milk. Bring to just before a boil and serve.
Note: You could also make this in the crockpot and let it cook all day. I would brown my ground beef first if doing that.