Asian Noodle Salad
So next weekend I am catering a lunch, something I have not done in a long time. I saw this salad on a blog a month ago by Jamie Oliver and thought it would be perfect. I just finished making it and it is delicious!!! I did increase the dressing recipe by half, it just didn’t seem like enough. I also used only the red pepper. I hope the girls on our fundraising committee like it as much as I do. I’m going to serve it with some Bruschetta and French Bread and fresh fruits.
- 1 packages linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed, and cooled
- 1/2 to 1 head sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/2 to 1 head sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 to 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small bag bean sprouts
- 3 sliced scallions
- 1 peeled, sliced cucumber
- chopped cilantro-to taste
- 1 can whole cashews, lightly toasted in skillet
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 hot peppers or jalapenos, chopped
- Mix together salad ingredients in LARGE bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix with tongs and serve in a big bowl or platter.
- I dressed this salad right away and think I should of left out the spinach until just before serving.
- Adapted from Jamie Oliver
Don’t let the awful photo sway you from making this, it is really delicious!