May is salad month and I got together with some of my favorite blogger friends and put together a Summer Salad Recipe Round Up with some really delicious salad recipes. I’m not sure which one I want to try first! It would be great if you would take a moment and pin some of your favorites you find here…..
1. Tzatziki Pasta Salad from Life Tastes Good
2. Zesty Bread Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette from The Cookie Rookie
3. Honey Dijon Spinach Salad from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
4. Berry Delicious Fruit Salad from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
5. Orecchiette Greek Pasta Salad from Recipes, Food and Cooking
6. Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Num’s the Word
7. Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad from Flavor Mosaic
8. Super Salad from Memories By the Mile
9. BLT Chopped Salad from Food Storage Moms
10. Mexican Lime Quinoa Salad from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
I’m sure you’ll find some new salads you will want to be adding to your salad lineup! I see a few I want to make real soon.
I made for you a delicious Orecchiette Greek Pasta Salad, full of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and feta cheese. It is bathed in a dressing of lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, flat chives and fresh dill. You could add black olives to it if desired but since I don’t like them they weren’t going in my salad.
- 1 lb. Orecchiette pasta
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 small red onion
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1?4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta for about 8 minutes. Pasta should be tender but not overcooked. Rinse and drain well.
- Chop the tomatoes, red onions and cucumbers into bite size pieces.
- Chop all of the herbs for the dressing. Add them to a small bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and let set for at least 15 minutes before dressing pasta.