I went to the Farmer’s Market the other day and found the biggest blackberries I have ever seen. I just had to purchase some with this recipe I had seen in Southern Living (which I modified) in mind for Blackberry Cobbler. It did not disappoint!
Look at the size of these berries!
This is after I putting the topping on before it went in the oven. If you look closely you can see the cream I added in the bottom of the dish.
Just out of the oven in time for dessert!
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place blackberries in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; add cream. Stir together egg, sugar, butter and flour in a medium bowl until mixed. Spoon over fruit.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings
- Southern Living - adapted