Perfectly Grilled Chicken
Last night we cooked a chicken on the Kamado Grill. I wish you could of tasted how good it was. We just did a simple salt, pepper, roasted garlic and a salt free blend of spices we like. After cutting up the chicken I seasoned it well and put it in the refrigerator until it was time to cook.
For a change we did not cook this over indirect heat. He built a pretty hot fire and then shut down the grill to 1 1/2 on the bottom and 2 on top. At this point he is in charge and I got to just finish doing the vegetable and salad. I sure am not used to that! He loves grilling and I am just happy to sit back and watch. His secret to cooking this chicken is turn, turn, turn. He turned it over about every 5 minutes for about a hour. It was some of the juiciest chicken I have ever eaten.
- 1 4 - 5 lb. chicken
- roasted garlic
- salt free blend of spices
- Cut the chicken up if it is whole and rinse well. Blot the chicken with a paper towel to dry it.
- Sprinkle the spices on liberally. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Place chicken on grill at around 300 degrees.
- Turn the chicken about every 5 minutes until chicken is done. Ours took about a hour.
Maybe you’d like to try another of our Kamado Grill recipes?