Instapot Peach Vanilla Jam
This recipe makes a small batch of instapot peach vanilla jam, enough for about 1 1/2 cups which can be kept in your refrigerator for about 2 weeks if it lasts that long. The best part is you can make it in less than 30 minutes in an Instapot or pressure cooker! I used a whole vanilla bean in mine because I wanted to use it up before it got any drier but this jam would be delicious without it also or use real vanilla right at the end of cooking time. I put it in whole and let it cook the first 5 minutes and then let it cool before adding it back in at the end of the cooking time.
This jam is really easy to make especially since it is just a small batch. We’re also not adding pectin. Using the Instapot to make this jelly is really a time saver. I put mine on hot biscuits the day I made it.
- 2 1/2 lbs. ripe peaches
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- Put a pan of water on stove big enough to hold the peaches. Bring to a boil. Add peaches and blanch for 2 - 3 minutes. Run under cold water. Remove peels with a knife, they should slip right off.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pit. Cut into pieces and put in the Instapot.
- Stir in sugar, lemon juice and add the vanilla bean if using.
- Put on low pressure for 5 minutes. Let steam release naturally.
- Remove vanilla bean to cool. Put on Saute and cook peaches until thick. about 10 minutes. If you want a smaller texture mash with a potato masher after about 5 minutes. I checked mine with a thermometer and my jam was at 220 degrees when I turned it off.
- Cut vanilla bean down center and scrape out seeds. Add back to jam. If using vanilla add it now.
- Put jam in a container that can go in the refrigerator.
- Store for up to 2 weeks.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
Leave a Reply