Banana Cream Pudding Cupcakes
Here’s another dessert I took to the guys at the VFW, I love having so many taste testers! A few of them even said we should start selling them. These cupcakes are perfect made with those overripe bananas you might have. It seems I always buy to many so could make these weekly sometimes. The cupcakes are light and fluffy, I loved the texture of these. They aren’t heavy and dense like banana bread but still have lots of great banana flavor.
The filling is simple and easy, I made it ahead of time so it was ready when I was to assemble the cupcakes. They go together quickly after you remove some of the center of the cupcake for the filling to go into. A melon baller makes quick work of it but a tablespoon will also get the job done. I saved the centers in a small bowl and added my little bit of leftover filling to it and it was darn good!
After you fill the cupcakes add a little whipped topping or homemade whipped cream. Top with a slice of banana and a vanilla wafer.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour milk
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package instant banana or french vanilla pudding.
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mashed banana.
- To assemble:
- 1 carton whipped topping
- vanilla wafers
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until mixed in. Add vanilla.
- Mash bananas with a fork. Add to creamed mixture.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add half of the flour mixture alternatively with the milk until incorporated.
- Fill cupcake holders almost 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes, until cupcakes spring back when touched in the center. Cool.
- Add milk to instant pudding. Whisk well. When it starts to thicken add the bananas, Chill until ready to assemble.
- To assemble:
- Remove a little of the center of the cupcake. Fill with pudding and spread on top. Top with whipped topping, a slice of banana and a vanilla wafer.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?