Tortellini Caprese Salad
15 minutes of your time is all that’s needed to get this quick and delicious fresh salad on the table. I started with dried cheese tortellini and cooked it according to package directions.
Then I added grape tomatoes sauteed with a little oil and garlic. When both are cooked combine and toss with parmesan and mozzarella balls. Add a little more oil and season with salt and pepper. This couldn’t be easier! Serve right away or at room temperature.
- 1 9 oz. package dried cheese tortellini
- 1 carton grape tomatoes
- 2 - garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons oil - divided use
- 1/2 cup basil - torn
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. fresh small mozzarella balls
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain well when done and toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
- While the pasta is cooking add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to a saute pan. Add the crushed garlic. Stir for a moment and add the grape tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for about 7 - 8 minutes until tomatoes begin to crush and give off of their juices. Stir in the torn basil leaves.
- Add tortellini to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, mozzarella balls. parmesan cheese and salt, pepper to taste.
- Serve right away or at room temperature.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?