Butternut Squash and Walnut Muffins
Do you have some leftover butternut squash? I purposely made extra just so I could make these muffins. They are so moist and delicious!
- 1 cup cooked mashed butternut squash
- 1/3 cup oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Put the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Add everything else but the walnuts. Fold in flour with a spatula until just combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Line your cupcake pans with the paper liners.
- Fill them just a little over ¾ full. This recipe makes exactly 12 muffins.
- Bake for 18 -20 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched. You could also use a toothpick or cake tester to make sure they are done. If you do this and the tester comes back with a little of the batter on it, bake a few more minutes and test again.
Maybe you’d like to try?