Donut Muffins – Muffins that taste like donuts with frosting and sprinkles.
So good! Tastes just like a donut in muffin form. Don’t forget the sprinkles….
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp butter flavor extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl combine the shortening and sugar. Add the egg and whisk it all up until it is smooth.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into the bowl. Pour in the milk, butter extract and vanilla extract. Mix the batter with a whisk until it is smooth.
- Drop the mixture into 24 oiled mini muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake the muffins at 350 for 15-18 minutes, the tops my still look pale, use a toothpick to check to see if they are done.
- Frosting: 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, 1 T. softened butter. 1/4 t. vanilla mixed with a couple of tablespoons milk. Spread on top of muffins and then top with sprinkles.
Maybe you’d like to try?