Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
I think you will love these Pumpkin Dinner Rolls. They are perfect for Thanksgiving dinner. They are soft and light with a taste of pumpkin. Just think about how festive they will look on your holiday table.
The easiest way to cut the rolls is to make the cuts at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock. I used a pair of kitchen shears. A knife will pull the dough into a shape that won’t make these shaped right. Cut half way towards the center. Then make 4 more cuts in between the first cuts. You will have 8 petals. Brushing the rolls with the egg and water mixture will make the rolls shiny. A few of them had to be recut after rising to make sure the pieces were separate.
- 2/3 cup warm milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 2 packages instant yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water - 100 - 115 degrees
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt'
- Walnut or pecan pieces
- Egg Wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the milk and microwave for 15 seconds until milk is barely warm.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the sugar, yeast and warm water to a small bowl. Stir to combine and let set for 5 minutes until mixture is bubbly.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to your work bowl. Give it a stir using a spoon or a dough hook to combine all.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the milk mixture, eggs and pumpkin to the flour mixture. Stir until the mixture is thoroughly combined. Knead the bread on a floured surface or use the dough hook and beat the dough at least 5 minutes. Dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl and become satiny.
- Cover the bowl and let dough rise until doubled. If you have time punch the dough down and let the dough rise a second time.
- Divide the dough up into 24 pieces about 2 ounces each. Roll into a ball. Flatten the dough slightly. Use some scissors and make 8 cuts halfway in to dough. At this point the rolls will look like a flower. Punch down a hole in the center. Stick a nut in the center for a stem. Cover and let raise until doubled.
- Combine the egg and water. Beat until mixed together. Brush rolls with a pastry brush on the tops and sides of the rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. .
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?