Pumpkin Dinner Rolls – Tender, light pumpkin dinner rolls, ready in less than 3 hours. Makes great toast if you do a loaf of bread.
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
I know another pumpkin recipe! This didn’t start out to be one and then when I went to grab a couple of eggs I spotted some leftover pumpkin in the refrigerator from something I made the other day and knew instantly it was going into these rolls. Not only did it add a pretty color it added a nice hint of pumpkin to the dinner rolls. From start to finish these took under 3 hours to make.
These dinner rolls would be great for sandwiches or even hamburgers. I decided not to be too fancy about cutting the rolls, I rolled the dough out on a floured surface and cut my dough into squares with a pizza cutter. I did straighten up the edges before cutting and used that and the leftover dough to make a loaf of bread for toast in the morning. So you can make 12 large dinner rolls and a loaf of bread with this recipe. It was wonderful toasted!
- 4 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Add 1/4 cup warm water to a tablespoon of the sugar and the yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Add the remaining water, milk, sugar, pumpkin, butter and eggs to a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Add the yeast. Mix well.
- Stir in the flour and salt. Using a dough hook continue to mix until the mixture begins to pull away from the sides of the work bow. You may need to add a little additional flour. Knead with the dough hook for about 5 - 7 minutes until the dough is satiny and elastic.
- Cover the bowl, set in a warm place and allow the dough to rise. If you have time punch down when the dough has doubled and let rise a second time. If not place the dough on a floured surface and spread out the dough into 16 x 20 area. Trim the sides to square up the dough. Cut the dough into squares. I did a dozen rolls and used the remaining dough to make a loaf of bread. Allow the rolls to rise, covered.
- Bake at 350 degrees. Bake time for the rolls is 15 minutes and about 40 minutes on the bread.
Leave a Reply