This is a tasty quick bread recipe using butternut squash. I roasted one last week and had just enough leftover to make this Cinnamon Squash Bread. When I roast butternut squash if I intend to mash it, I poke several holes in the round end of the squash. I then bake it at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a fork easily pierces the squash. When it gets cool enough to handle, I slice it in half, get rid of the seeds and scoop the squash into a bowl.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar<
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butternut squash - roasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped nuts - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 5 x 9 bread pan.
- Cream together the egg, oil and sugars. Add in the squash and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend until thoroughly mixed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?