Banana Pecan Coffee Cake
This is the moistest Banana Pecan Coffee Cake you might ever make. I never thought I’d find anything that topped the banana bread I have made since I was about 10 years old. It was one of the recipes my mom first let me make by myself. I used to hang out in her kitchen and watch everything she did. I have loved baking for as long as I can remember.
This is as easy to make as that banana bread was I first learned. I love the sugared pecan topping it has. I thought the sugar would caramelize, instead it was just a crunchy topping.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle in the 2 tablespoons sugar and the 1/2 cup pecans.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a mixer bowl add the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Cream together for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the sour cream and bananas, mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture that was set aside. Beat until it is thoroughly incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
BLUEBERRY COFFEECAKE – this is amazingly good!