Smashed Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
Looking for a quick side dish the family will love? These smashed garlic parmesan potatoes will fit the bill. All you need are some baby potatoes, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Boil the baby potatoes first and cook until almost tender. Place the potatoes on parchment paper. Smash the potatoes with your hand. Pour the melted butter over. Season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Top with the parmesan cheese. Bake until lightly browned. You could also broil them if your potatoes are still warm.
We even love snacking on these as an appetizer. When we do that I load them up with bacon, sour cream and green onions. Potatoes can even be made ahead and refrigerated until you need them.
- 2 lbs. baby potatoes
- 3 - 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- Boil the baby potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Smash the potatoes gently to break them up.
- Pour the melted butter over them.
- Season them well with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?