Pecan Maple Hassleback French Toast
Pecan Maple Hasselback French Toast is a perfect breakfast for a lazy morning. Feeds a crowd easily! This one is real maple syrup with pecans and a touch of butter. It is so yummy I made this less than a hour ago and am already sharing this recipe with you.
This recipe starts with soaking the bread for at least a hour or overnight. Either method will work just fine. Just make sure the egg mixture gets in between those center cuts of the french bread. Big fat loaves of French bread work the best with this recipe.
- loaf french bread
- 6 tablespoons real maple syrup
- small handful of pecans
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Cut your french bread into 4 two inch pieces, do not cut all the way thru until you cut off your 3 inch piece of french bread.
- Mix up the eggs and milk together. Pour over the french bread in a plastic bag. Be sure to get it between the cuts. Squeeze the air out. Toss to get the egg mixture coating the bread.Refrigerate for at least a hour or overnight.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Add the maple syrup and pecans. Set the french toast on top. Spread it open just a little.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Devour!
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?