Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry Maple Syrup
These pancakes are big, fluffy and chock full of blueberries! Then I topped them off with a delicious blueberry maple syrup. I have been sharing a few blueberry recipes in the last couple of weeks after a recent trip I made to pick fresh blueberries.
I even made a blueberry butter for the pancakes. I used about a half cup of blueberries to a stick of butter and a tablespoon of sugar. Grind up the blueberries in a food processor. Add the butter and sugar. Whip until combined. These may of been the best blueberry pancakes ever…. Don’t you wish you had a fork that could go right thru the screen and grab a bite?
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk and oil to a mixing bowl. Beat with a whisk to combine. Stir in flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees. Spray or coat griddle with oil. Add about a half cup of batter to griddle. When large bubbles start to form and pop, turn pancakes. Cook until done about 2 more minutes. Keep hot until ready to serve.
- Add all of the syrup ingredients to a pan. Cook over medium heat until the blueberries are popping stirring often. Continue to cook until you have a syrupy consistency, about 10 minutes total.
Banana Pecan Pancakes