Chocolate Dipped Refrigerator Cookies
Today I’m sharing some delicious Chocolate Dipped Refrigerator Cookies with you. I love having cookie dough ready to go whenever I need a batch of cookies so these easy chocolate cookies are perfect to keep in the refrigerator. Just slice and bake as needed. I dipped them in chocolate to dress them up.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Chocolate for dipping
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- Mix together on medium speed the butter and the sugar. Add the vanilla, peppermint extract and egg. Mix together thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture. Mix together until it all comes together.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces. Have ready 2 pieces of waxed paper, Roll the dough into logs. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 hours.
- Slice the cookie dough into 1/4 inch slices. Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Remove from pans to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for about 1 minutes. Stir at 30 seconds to go. Check every 10 seconds after that to see if it is melted. My microwave did it in a minute. Your microwave might be done sooner or later depending on the power of your microwave.
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate. Shake off to remove extra chocolate. Place on waxed paper. Sprinkle with jimmies.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?