Salisbury Steaks with Mushrooms
When was the last time you made Salisbury Steaks. We don’t make them often enough at my house. One night last week they made a return to our dinner table. I used a really lean Certified Angus Ground Beef to make them and topped them off with a mushroom gravy.
One of the things I love about this dish is that you can have it on the table in about 30 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots.
- 1 1/4 lbs. Ground sirloin
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 8 ozs. fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Add the bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper to the ground sirloin. Mix well.
- Form into 4 oval patties.
- Brown the patties with a little oil. Add a half cup of water and cover pan. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add another cup of water to the pan with the beef base.
- Mix together the flour with a little water. Stir until smooth. Stir it into the pan. Bring to a boil and cook until thickens. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?