Blueberry Upside Down Cake
I made this last week after I went blueberry picking. I sure don’t know why I’d never made this before because it sure is delicious! Serve with whipped cream.
I was actually getting ready to make a pineapple upside down cake when it hit me to use blueberries instead. I’d just been to the u pick blueberry farm the day before and it seemed like a logical swap to me. I was so happy with the results. Enjoy!
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 yellow cake mix
- whipped cream
- Wash blueberries, drain well.
- Add a stick of butter to a pan. I used a 10 inch iron skillet spayed with cooking spray. Melt butter.
- Stir in sugar. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour blueberries over the sugar mixture.
- Make cake according to package directions. Pour over the blueberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Let set 5 minutes and turn out cake onto serving dish. Serve with whipped cream.
Want to try one of our other blueberry recipes?