Fresh blueberries, mini croissants and a creamy egg custard, perfect for French toast bread. (can be made the morning you want to serve it)
Blueberry Croissant French Toast Bread
I found a package of mini croissants the other day on the half off table and grabbed them right away. I had no idea what I was going to make but knew I wanted them for something and knew inspiration would strike later. On Saturday morning I decided I wanted French toast made with them and wasn’t exactly sure if in 15 minutes the croissants would soak up the egg custard mixture since it wasn’t setting overnight.
- 6 mini croissants
- 1 pt. blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar for topping
- Spray a bread pan with cooking spray.
- Slice croissants in half. Place 3 of the bottom croissants on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries over the croissants. Layer the 6 top pieces on top of the blueberries. Sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries over the croissants. Put remaining 3 bottoms on top of the blueberries. Top with the blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and heavy cream. Pour over the croissants. Press the croissants down into the egg custard. Do this 3 times over the next 15 minutes. Sprinkle the raw sugar on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, it will be raised and puffy in the center when done.
- Let set for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice loaf into 8 slices and serve. Serve with maple syrup.
Maybe you’d like to try our?