Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole is full of rice, chicken and broccoli in a cheesy sauce.
Do you ever wonder what to do with some leftover chicken? Or perhaps you have a family that says they won’t eat leftovers? This tasty casserole can solve both of those problems. To make this casserole I used 2 chicken breasts and shredded it but you could use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken you buy at the store. I’ve also made this before with canned chicken breast.
I use Uncle Ben’s rice in this and it goes in raw, that is one of the reasons this takes about an hour to cook. If you had leftover white rice you could cook this in a little over a half hour. Whatever you do, don’t use instant rice, it would just break up in this dish and not be very good.
Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole before it went in the oven.
- 3 - 4 cups shredded chicken
- 8 oz. frozen broccoli
- 4 oz. mushrooms - optional
- 1/4 cup red peppers
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients. Mix together.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour.