Chocolate Banana Muffins are dense, moist, fudgy and full of chocolate and walnuts.
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Do you love chocolate muffins? If so these might just be your dream muffin. They are dense, moist, fudgy and full of chocolate and walnuts. Look at those beautiful tops, they raised perfectly. I used sour cream in these but you could use yogurt if you desire. No mixer required here, you can have these muffins mixed up and in the oven in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Truvia
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt chocolate chips with butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Still aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Stir in the sour cream, truvia, vanilla and the egg. Add the chocolate mixture and blend it in well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until well mixed in. Do not overmix. Add walnuts and mini chocolate chips.
- Use a scoop and put the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake muffins for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Note: I used Truvia for this recipe in place of sugar. If using sugar use 1 cup.
Follow me on Pinterest