Ranch Potato Salad is made using a fresh homemade ranch dressing. So delicious!
Ranch Potato Salad with Homemade Dressing
Homemade ranch dressing pushes this potato salad over the top. I really like this one for a change from regular potato salad. Top it with bacon and it is amazing!
If you have never made ranch dressing before you might never buy bottled again once you try this recipe for the dressing. You can change up the spices, I really like fresh dill in this salad or oregano. I also use a couple dashes of Tabasco in my dressing. It changes it up just a touch but no one will ever guess what the mystery ingredient is if you just use a tiny bit.
- 3 lbs. potatoes
- 1 cup celery – chopped
- 1 cup onion – chopped
- 1 cup sweet peppers – chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/4 cup parsley – chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives – chopped
- 1 cup (real) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Buttermilk (I used about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- tabasco sauce – optional but a couple of dashes is good and doesn’t make it hot
- To make dressing: In a bowl combine all ingredients. Taste to adjust seasonings. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Boil potatoes in their skins. Cool slightly or until cold. Remove peels and cut up into bite size pieces. Add celery, onions, sweet peppers and mix in. Pour dressing over and mix in. Taste to adjust seasonings. Stir in cheese. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Note: For a change, you can add bacon pieces right before serving.
Maybe you’d like to try our?
Follow me on Pinterest