Mexican Taco Pasta Salad
This is my new pasta salad for this summer! It is such a break from the normal pasta salads I usually make. I started out with an idea and ended up with a wonderful creation. I don’t know about you but I love when that happens. If is full of vegetables, pasta and seasoned like a taco would be.
Everyone who tried this loved it and even the kids ate it much to my surprise. Adjust the seasonings to your tastes. Because the kids were eating this we served the jalapenos on the side and they were just sprinkled in by those that wanted additional heat. You can use mild to hot chunky salsa, I used a medium. I added the cilantro right before serving and it really brightened up the salad.
- 1 lb. pasta - I used large elbow macaroni
- 4 - 5 sweet mini peppers
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 1 can black beans - rinsed well
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- large handful cilantro - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno - chopped - optional
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 - 4 tablespoons taco seasoning - I use Penzey's
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until ala dente. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl with the black beans, frozen corn, peppers, onions, jalapeno and salsa. Stir to combine all.
- Mix the dressing ingredients up in a small bowl. Pour over the pasta mixture. Stir to combine. Refrigerate overnight. Add the cheese and cilantro before serving.