Cheesy Ranch Potato Salad made simply with a package of ranch dressing, sour cream and mayonnaise.
Cheesy Ranch Potato Salad
Here is the newest potato salad I made recently for a picnic I went on. We went over to beautiful Ft. Desoto to the beach and grilled out. So much fun! I even had a few people who never eat potato salad say this one changed their minds about it. The dressing is really easy as you use a package of ranch dressing mix mixed with mayonnaise and sour cream. This potato salad tastes like a baked stuffed potato. Top with some bacon crumbles if desired. I bet it becomes a family favorite at your house also.
If you don’t like using a packaged mix of ranch dressing you might want to try my Ranch Potato Salad made with homemade dressing. It is my favorite recipe for Ranch Dressing.
- 4 lbs. new potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 - 4 sweet peppers, about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- package ranch dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash potatoes and cook in their skins until tender. While potatoes are cooking chop the vegetables and add to the vinegar to marinate. Drain vinegar off before adding to potatoes.
- Remove all or most of the peel. Cut into bite size pieces when cool. Put in a large bowl. Add vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Mix the dressing package with the mayonnaise, salt, pepper and sour cream. Pour over potatoes. Blend together. Add cheese and refrigerate until ready to serve.