The syrup bakes right in with this delightful overnight french toast recipe.
Caramel Pecan French Toast
Yummy best describes this overnight Caramel French Toast recipe I made for Easter morning. My niece stopped overnight on her way to the Gulf with her husband and kids. This was good enough that I got invited along by the kids which made me feel really good.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 12 slices Texas toast
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans - optional
- In 1-quart saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, cream and corn syrup. Bring to a full boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened (2 to 3 minutes).
- Pour mixture into greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans if using
- Place 6 slices bread over mixture; top with remaining bread.
- In large bowl combine milk, eggs, vanilla and salt; mix well. Pour over bread.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove cover.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until light brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert slices onto serving plates.
- That's My Home French Toast Recipes
Maybe you’d like to try our ?