Fresh peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon with a creamy French toast baked with a cheesecake filling.
Peaches and Cheesecake Baked French Toast
Here is another peach recipe I did yesterday. I had some loaves of French bread I needed to use up and I decided to make a peach baked French toast recipe similar to my Blueberry French Toast recipe I made up years ago. In 2001 this was one of the Detroit Free Press Top 10 recipes. It is a recipe I developed for an article they wrote. Since then I have seen many modifications of this recipe but at the time I added it to ThatsMyHome.com 2001 it was the first Blueberry Stuffed French Toast recipe online. That’s My Home will soon be totally updated for you to enjoy. I am hoping to roll out the new and improved version around the middle of August. There are 100’s of my original recipes on that site and many of the other recipes were shared by readers or on our message boards I ran at the time.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 peaches
- 1/2 lemon
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the peaches in the water for about 2 minutes. Remove to a colander to drain, run cold water over them. Remove the skins from the peaches. Slice the peaches into 1/3 inch slices into a bowl. Add juice of 1/2 lemon. Add 4 tablespoons of the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Slice the French bread into 1 inch slices. Place in a 8 x 8 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Place dollops of the cream cheese between 5 - 6 of the sliced bread.
- Mix together eggs, salt and milk. Beat until the eggs are frothy. Pour the eggs over the sliced bread.
- Top with the peaches. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons or brown sugar on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes. It will be puffy and the center should be soft.
Maybe you’d like to try?
Blueberry French Toast
Strawberry Hasselback French Toast
Follow me on Facebook, Google+ , Instagram or Pinterest to see when I post or share something new!
Magalene Staten says
i have not tide it yet.