Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies
These are the best chocolate cookies with a rich intense chocolate flavor, almost like fudge. I used Ghirardelli cocoa and wish I had added some toasted walnuts, oh well there is always next time. These are going to go on my must make for Christmas list.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat with a fork or electric mixer on medium until batter is just moistened. (Do not overbeat batter or it will stiffen.)
- Drop batter by the teaspoonful onto baking sheets in evenly spaced mounds. Bake cookies until tops are lightly cracked and glossy, about 15 minutes. Cool briefly, then carefully remove from parchment paper with a spatula. Cookies may be soft and fragile, so proceed carefully to lift off cookies and place them on racks to cool. Do not wait too long to remove from baking sheets, for they will stick, even to parchment paper. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Blondies