Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies are buttery, rich and chock full of chocolate and nuts, love these cookies.
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies
I got this recipe out of my be sure to try stack. They are wonderful and would be perfect for a picnic. They are rich, buttery and full of chocolate chips. I use Giralledeli 60%.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1 pound light brown sugar (2 cups firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch-by-12-inch baking pan well with butter. Set the pan aside.
- Add the butter and the brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Stir well. Add eggs and blend in. Add the baking powder, salt and vanilla extract, stirring until completely incorporated. Stir in the flour, again stirring until it is well mixed. The batter will be very stiff.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Spread the batter in the greased pan. The batter will be stiff and sticky. You may have to spread it to the edges of the pan with the back of a spoon, but don't worry too much about getting it exactly even, as the batter will spread as it bakes.
- Bake until the top begins to get golden brown and the blondies just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 - 35 minutes. (Baking time will vary depending on your oven and the type of pan.) Do not overbake! Cool for at least 20 minutes, and cut into small squares.
- Makes 2 dozen
- Approximate values per blondie: 216 calories (41 percent from fat), 10 g fat (6 g saturated), 38 mg cholesterol, 2 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 59 mg sodium