Banana Bran Bread
I made this bread this afternoon and ran out of the All-Bran I usually use. DH was at the grocery store so I asked him to bring some home. He brought home Bran Flakes instead so I decided to give it a try. It changed the point value a little but not enough that it mattered. It sure didn’t affect the taste, the bread is delicious and only 3 points per slice. Perfect for breakfast or an anytime snack.
I easily caculated the points using the Weight Watcher site. It has an awesome tool in the tracker there when you are a member. You can add any recipe you have and get the point values for it. You can also add daily what you have eaten so you know where you are with your points for the day. It helps me to stay accountable. I also have a friend doing the program with me and that helps even more. We have started working out with a trainer once a week at the pool. She makes exercising fun so I find it is a great way to get out from in front of this computer that I spend way too much time on!
- 2 small banana(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) regular egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins
- 3 Tbsp shortening
- 1/4 cup(s) water, hot
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) Post Bran Flakes, smashed up
- Place raisins in boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Add sugar to shortening and mix until blended well. Add cereal.
- Mash bananas and add to shortening with applesauce. Mix well. Stir in egg substitute.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to mixture. Blend well.
- Add raisins with water and stir in.
- Spray a bread pan with Pam. Add mixture to pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Note: You could also make muffins with this mixture.
- POINTS® Value: 3
- Servings: 12 slices