Spicy southwestern dip made in the crock pot. You can also make this dip in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I went to a card swap on Saturday and we did a potluck lunch, this was one of the dishes one of the ladies brought. It is so good and you will never guess what one of the ingredients in it is, creamed spinach! You know it was good when I immediately went out to get the ingredients for it to share with you.
This is one of those recipes you can throw together in 5 minutes and put in the crock pot, it will be ready in just a few hours. You can make it as spicy as you want, I wish I had added a can of green chilies but didn’t think of it until after it was done, oh well I will next time.
- 1 can chicken breast (mine was 13 oz.)
- 10 oz. salsa (as hot as you like it)
- 1 can black beans - rinsed
- 2 ears corn or can of corn
- 1 package creamed spinach
- 2 cups sharp cheese
- jalapenos - optional
- Dump everything into a crock pot. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4 hours. Serve with chips.
Perhaps you’d enjoy