Spicy, crunchy pita chips are a great way to use up leftover pita bread with your choice of spice mixture. Add a few crushed red pepper flakes if you like heat.
I ran into a sale on Pita Bread this weekend so I decided to make some of my own pita chips to go with the strawberry salad I was making for lunch.
They couldn’t be easier to make and the flavoring for them is your choice. The possibilities are endless. I chose to use garlic, basil and toasted onion for these. These are really good with Hummus also.
Follow me on Pinterest
- Pita Bread - mine had 8 pieces
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbs of your choice
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- sea salt
- Cut the pita bread into 6 - 8 wedges depending on the size. Place on a greased cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Put olive oil, garlic and spices in a small bowl. (to release the essence of the herbs like basil, I rub it between my hands to crush it a little)
- Brush lightly on the chips. Turn them over and do the other side.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 - 12 minutes. All pitas are different so you might have a different cooking time than I do, so just keep an eye on them. I turned mine over in 5 minutes.