Caramel ice cream, so smooth and creamy, topped with more caramel sauce, dry roasted peanuts and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Caramel Ice Cream
I decided to make some caramel ice cream today, I started with a store bought caramel from Aldi’s which is pretty good by the way. I thought more of you might try this if we started with a shortcut. If you want to make your own caramel sauce for this by all means go ahead.
The finished caramel ice cream was topped with more caramel sauce, some chopped dry roasted peanuts and a sprinkle of sea salt. So good! The perfect dessert on a hot, humid Alabama Sunday. Next time I make it I am going to use sugar free caramel sauce, I see no reason why it won’t work perfectly.
- 1 cup prepared caramel sauce - can be sugar free
- 4 egg yolks
- dash salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream or fat free half and half
- In a saucepan stir the caramel sauce into the milk. Heat up over medium heat.
- Separate the eggs and reserve the whites for another use. Beat the yolks in a medium bowl. Add some of the hot milk mixture to temper the eggs. Stir into the saucepan. Keep stirring over medium heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. It took me about 8 minutes before it coated the back of the spoon. Remove from heat and strain mixture into another bowl. Refrigerate until cold (about 2 hours). Stir in whipped cream.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Blueberry Ice Cream
Orange Pineapple Delight Ice Cream
Follow me on Facebook, Google+ , Instagram or Pinterest to see when I post or share something new!
Leave a Reply